Christmas time is the hardest time for me to get through. I have so many things in my life to be grateful for, but around this time of year I cant see past my family, and the many trials we have been through the last 2 years. It makes me so sad. There is nothing I wish for more, than to spend a day with my family. Obviously this is nearly impossible because my sister Whitney is in heaven. My most favorite christmas gift I have ever recieved was last year, My mom gave each of us kids a black box with a ribbon tied to the top. Inside were several of my sisters possessions. In my box was her favorite jean jacket, and one of her missionary callenders, pictures and one of her stuffed animals that was with her the whole time she was at the hospital. Attached to the top of the box was a copy of this poem that I adore. I've never had a more thoughtful meaningful christmas gift in my entire life. It really turned things around for me and made me realize whats important in my life. I LOVE MY FAMILY, and I can honestly say it. There is nothing I enjoy more than the love and trials we go through together. I hope you enjoy the poem and more importantly enjoy and cherish every second you share with your family!
All my love,
Chultz
I see the countless Christmas trees
around the world below
with tiny lights like heaven stars
reflecting on the snow
The sight is so spectacular
Please wipe away that that tear
For I'm spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year
I hear the many Christmas songs
That people hold so dear
O', the sounds of music can't compare
with the Christmas choir up here.
For I have no words to tell you
of the joy their voices bring
for it's beyond description
to hear the angels sing.
I know how much you miss me,
I see the pain inside your heart.
but, through our memories so dear..
We're never far apart.
I can't tell you of the splendor
or the peace here in this place
Can you just imagine Christmas
with Our Savior.......face-to-face.
I'll ask him to light your spirit
As I tell him of your Love.
Then I'll pray for 'One another'
As you lift your eyes above.
So please let your heart be joyful
and let your spirit sing
for I'm spending Christmas in heaven
and I'm walking with the king.
That poem is quite the tear jerker. You have an amazing family and I hope your Christmas will be merry and bright! I'm at a loss of words as I let that poem sink in...Merry Christmas to you and your family!
ReplyDeleteI went visiting teaching last night and one of the ladies had me read this very poem. Her grandmother passed away last month. It is a tear jerker. I hope you have a great Christmas with your family!
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine the pain you've had to deal with (still deal with?) and I can imagine the holidays are the hardest times of the year. You're a strong gal with a strong sibling bond. You'll get through this. :)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I've been meaning to tell you that Adalyn loves the song "Angels We Have Heard on High" because she claims the lyrics include your name: "In ex-chelsey-deo" She's so proud of herself for pointing it out and sings that part out with vigor! :) Hope you had a pleasant holiday!