Thursday, December 3, 2009

Memories

Today I went and bought a new toothbrush, Because my mom threw mine away "on accident" (but, I honestly think she dropped it in the toilet OR used it to brush Luca's teeth and then felt bad so she just threw it away.) Anyway, while I was waiting in line at the supermarket I had the funniest memory of toothbrushes. It goes something like this...

My mom always bought the economy pack of toothbrushes (after all there were like 8 people in my family!) They come in an array of colors(shown above). I think the manufactures do this because they know that everyone kid in the family will fight over what color they want. I always always wanted blue. And My beautiful sister (being the pain in the butt she always was) didn't want that to happen, so naturally on our way home from Costco we were in the car fighting over who got the blue toothbrush. after several rounds of rock-paper-scissors, we thought we had the battle resolved. until a few weeks later... We were packing to go on a trip to Disneyland and my mom was in charge of packing all the "Look Good" supplies, like curling irons and hairspray and things like that.. Well Whitney and I were in my room laughing and being silly girls. My mom yelled across the hall and asked what colors our toothbrushes were so she could pack them. We both yelled back at the same time yelling "BLUE!!" we both looked at each other in shock and instantly started making disgusted faces and arguing about who's toothbrush was who's. My mom popped her head into the room and started laughing so hard!! It was awful! For the next like 4 years I wrote my name nice and big on the toothbrush handle! Anyway, it might not be funny to you, but it makes me laugh.

3 comments:

  1. I could picture all of that! I just love all of you Baird women!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah that is funny. I bet that is a treasured memory now. Your cute. love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great memory! I remember going on a trip..with Andy...without the kids. First time in years! I was pregnantt with Jacob at the time. I was going through the house packing up my belongings for the weekend, with 7 kids trailing behind. When I picked up my toothbrush, one of the kids said, "Hey, why you taking my toothbrush?" I left it.

    ReplyDelete