Sunday, April 18, 2010

Every Buddy Needs a Brother

My big brother Dustyn
Dustyn has an amazing talent in art. Graffiti is his specialty, (legal of course). He's teamed up with Virgin River Skimboards and is now designing all their skimboards!

(don't know what skimboarding is.. Check this video!)

Dust and I use to go skimmin at least a few times a week when we lived in St.George. I have to admit, I was the looser who hit the sand-bars and face planted in the water. Dust probably brought me along just for this entertainment. But I don't mind one bit.

Recently Dustyn and his business partner Chan (Virgin river skimz founder) have started a new project. LONGBOARDS. The company is called Paradigm and I must say, the boards are phenomenal!


We haven't been longboarding for a very many years, but its definitely something I enjoy. I'm not very good but I still like to pretend I am. Last year I bought this sweet longboard..

and this year I put in a request for a custom Paradigm board... It arrived last week! Threw on the trucks and wheels and took it for a little spin yesterday.. Completely impressed!! I absolutely love it! Dust did a great job with the artwork and its such a sweet board. I love him to death and can't wait to head to St.George and hit up the trails.

Last year Jaxon had an accident. While playing at my cousins house one Sunday, Jax and the other boys his age decided to do some skateboarding. Jax, being the tough kid he is, decided to go first, he jumped on the rear of the board as it sprang up and popped him right between the eyes, breaking his little nose. I thought he would be petrified for life and never touch another skateboard/ longboard as long as he lived.. Buy yesterday to my fantastic surprise... This happened.


Its gonna be a great season! If you ever want to try it out, give me a call, and we'll go for a little cruise. (I even let you pick which board you want to ride)

Live it up!

Chultz

2 comments:

  1. Sure, I'll go longboarding with you! Don't worry, I'll bring my own Paradigm board! :)

    ReplyDelete