Saturday, February 6, 2010

Dentist, Gloves, and Slobber

Never have I ever been a fan of the dentist. My dentist in St.George had a hairy nose, bad breath and shaky hands. (bad combination!) his shots of Novocain were always excruciating and I hated that man. BUT, I had a much better experience this last week. This is a picture of my cousin Rob Baird. He's by far the greatest dentist ever!
(anyone who's been to see him will agree!)

He just opened his new clinic in Payson, UT that's absolutely beautiful and fantastic. His staff is so friendly and kind.
I went in this week to get a few cavities filled. Which usually leads to a series of painful shots. But that didn't happen this time. I usually get the laughing gas which helps me relax. (Okay, it makes me COMPLETELY relaxed, to the point that my arms and legs fall off the sides of the chair.) The nitrous is scented (such a good idea!) I always get vanilla because it smells nothing like vanilla.. After the nitrous has soaked in, the dreaded shots come next.. I close my eyes so I cant see the needle and flex every muscle in my body to prepare for the "little pinch".. After a few seconds and no aweful pinches I peeked my eye open and noticed that he was in the process and completely bipassed the uncomfortable pinch! I was shocked..
The little pinch was replaced by something new and refreshing. I noticed a slight minty flavor and had no idea what it was, so I asked where the heck it came from. Dr. Baird wiggled his fingers in front of my face and said.. "these of of course!"




Who would've ever thought that they would make FLAVORED gloves! He told me they have all sorts of flavors! grape, orange, mint, bubblegum.. and the color of the gloves corresponds to the flavor. So rad.


The procedure went great, 3 cavities filled in like 45 min.
I stayed for a few minuites after the procedure, just to make sure all the laughing gas had filtrated out of my system before I drove home.



Then I spent the rest of the afternoon entertaining Lacey, Shelby and Jordan with my crazy dentist face and slobbering capabilities. My face was numb for about 4 hours.. all in all it was a good experience. The dentist is great, and if you don't believe me, watch this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs
and don't forget... Uncle Sam (along with dentists and mothers everywhere)... want you to brush your teeth!!


Love you always,
Chultz




2 comments:

  1. I just can't wait to see what kind of slobbering capabilities you have after your wisdom teeth get taken out! It'll be great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm glad you finally had a good dental experience!!! You have the BEST after the dentist faces!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete