Monday, July 27, 2009

Black dust, no suncreen and a long drive home

This one was my favorite
Diesels' doing their thing.. making all that delicious black dust...

Okay, don't think for one second that this post is boring. because seriously, its not. Coby and I went to Idaho last weekend for the diesel drags.. Super fun. Well it was freaking hot and i learned to never under estimate the power of two things.. Sunscreen and Coby's forearms. We were outside all day in the middle of the desert at the drag strip.. no shade, no water.. Well we found a seat and enjoyed the festivities, when we decided to leave i stood up and started walking across the parking lot, Coby and i were laughing and joking around. then my ears started ringing and i couldn't hear anything.. then my eyes went black.. So i stopped walking. Coby turned around and asked me if i was alright.. I told him i thought i was going to pass out.. I motioned to sit down and my body went limp.. Next thing i know I'm rocking back and forth.. i couldn't open my eyes but i remember thinking.. why is the ground moving, this is freaky.. then i opened my eyes and Coby is carrying me. I don't know how he picked me up from falling, or carried me 30 yards while i was passed out.. but he did!! I felt so bad and embarrassed.. Anyway, we somehow made it back to the truck and Coby wouldn't put me down cause he didn't want me to pass out and fall again. Which was probably a good idea.. Anyway we drove back to the house and I took a shower, i had blisters all over my stomach, which was odd.. my belly didn't even see the sunshine all day. But i figured it was just from heat stroke. I had a pretty crazy sun burn all over though.. Anyway it was an eventful day and i thoroughly enjoyed it.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness!! you are crazy, and i'm glad he saved you! love you chels!

    ReplyDelete