Friday, April 24, 2009

Tender Whitney Moments...


I frequently find myself having little reminders everyday that my sister Whitney loves me. Today it was while i was taking my horrendous English final. 3 pages of paragraph answers followed by a 3 page essay. By the time i got to the essay part of the test my hand and arm was so tired from writing feverishly and i felt as if i couldn't write another word... Rather discouraged I dropped my pen and hung my head. I said a silent prayer to help me finish my final on time.. I suddenly had the thought of my sister Whitney and how she was once in that same position. When the first signs of ALS started to appear and her arms slowly stopped working.. and it was to the point where she physically could not write one more word on her journal page at night because her arms were so exhausted from daily activities... It broke my heart to think of my sweet sister incapable of doing something she loved... Sitting in class I felt warm arms surround me and hold me close. and from out of no where I found the strength to finish writing my essay. With 10 min left and my English final complete I walked out of class with a heart full of gratitude for the comfort and strength that Whitney sent to me today. I miss you Whitney and Thank you for EVERYTHING you've ever done, and continue to do for me!!

2 comments:

  1. Chelsey, I'm soo glad that I have such an AWESOME example of faith & strength in my life!!! THANK YOU!!! LYN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chels, that is so cool to have an awesome testimony like that. It makes mine stronger I hope you know that. You are an example to me :) (really!)

    ReplyDelete